Sunday, October 2, 2011

Malibu Wedding at Calamigos Ranch

I absolutely LOVED this wedding and venue! I know I always brag about my couples and weddings, but this wedding was simply one of the best! Calimigos Ranch in Malibu, California is one of thee best wedding venues in Southern California! There are several different wedding ceremony and reception sites. I cannot imagine a ceremony site better than this spot Giannina and Aaron chose. Not to mention their family is amazing! The couple got married under a ridiculously large tree that canopied over their entire 20 person bridal party. The entire venue is covered with trees draped in twinkle lights and large basket lights. One tree on the premises even has a chandelier hanging from it. Cascading waterfalls and swampy lakes run throughout the venue. However, this venue is so incredibly cool and unique because of its antique Ferris Wheel and antique carousel and super cool red barn. So cool for bridal party pictures and romantics, and it gives this venue its very own uniqueness and boy do I love unique.  Can't wait to shoot here again one day so call me if you want to get married here because I am in!

Vendors
Photography- Capturing Moments, Jaimee Hubert
Video- Garner Films
 Florist: Anne Levy at Agoura Flowers in Agoura Hills
DJ: David Turner at Music To Go Ent.
Cake: Wonder Bakery in Los Angeles
Dress: Rosa Clara
Bridesmaids Dresses: J. Crew


A Note from the Bride, Giannina:
Our wedding day was simply perfect. All of our friends and family made it so incredible and unforgettable for us. It was everything I always hoped my wedding day would be. Our evening ceremony under the most beautiful tree I've ever seen was performed by Reverend Gordon Dalbey, who married my parents in 1980. Definitely one of my favorite wedding facts! The peacock theme comes not only from my love for the colors and aesthetics of the bird and it's feathers, but from the fact that they are wild in the town where I grew up. I wanted a vintage/rustic theme for the wedding which was accomplished through details as large as the gorgeous Calamigos Ranch venue and as small as, one of my favorites, our flower boxes which we made by hand out of wood from an old barn that fell at Aaron's grandfathers ranch in Kansas where he grew up. I also grew up spending summers at my grandfather's ranch in Argentina, so the whole theme fit perfectly with the rustic feel I wanted to go for. I found vintage postcards we used instead of a guest book. Our guests each wrote us a postcard and dropped it in a wooden basket. Lanterns and candles set the lighting on all the tables, along with recycled glass bottles used to hold the table names. We collected wine corks over the years and cut them to hold all the place cards for our guests. The whole day was made perfect not only by the flawless setting but our amazing families and friends who came from all over to support us and celebrate as we became husband and wife. A truly unforgettable day!


Calimigos Ranch in Malibu:
http://www.calamigos.com/weddings_about.asp

  Loved the feather theme throughout the entire wedding, very subtle and unique!
 The ceremony site was amazing, complete with whimsical trees and lights hanging throughout, absolutely loved it!
Loved the favors that were seeds to grow more love.
Dinner was done under a large tent connected to the reception room for dancing.
 Cheers to the happy couple!

For more of Jaimee's work check out:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your personal input. It means a lot to me and helps me grow my business.

 
Blog Directory Capturing Moments-Photography by Jaimee - Blogged